Another productive week

Wow.  I can’t believe that January is almost over.  The good thing is that work on the new database software for DataPro is going great – each day new features are being implemented as well as current features being upgraded for better functionality.

We have taken a lot of input from our dealers over the last year on some features as well as some functionality and I am happy to say that we are implementing almost all of them.  Some features were just not possible due to limitations of the dealers software that they are using and some other features were too specific to one dealer and would have had a negative impact on other dealers that use certain features differently.

Although we are still very much so still under development we have started to enter new data and import data from our existing database into the new system.  We are starting to beta test the data to a few dealers – we have been testing the data with imports into all the software programs in our office, but need to get some feedback from others.  Even though this data is “beta” it is ready for prime time use, the import process will take a little longer since the data fields will not be mapped to the defaults to your software program and you will need to manually map the fields when you perform an import.  All of the data currently part of the beta is Proposal Ready Data (PRD) – since we are still developing a new system for I/Os we will not be working with Engineering Ready Data (ERD) as part of the beta for now.  As we progress with the development we will start to beta the Engineering Ready Data.

If you are interested in being part of the data beta testing send an email to  Make sure to include all of your company information and contact information as well as which software you use and what version of that software you are using.

And if you have any suggestions send them to us as well.  Also what do you think about the logo for DataPro?

New Database for DataPro

It has been about a year since I decided that it was time to move our product data from D-Tools (we still use D-Tools every day to design projects, just no longer for data creation) and create our own database to use to create and maintain data for our data subscription service for k2. At the time we basically used the same structure for the data that D-Tools used and even though we have made a few different revisions to the database over the last year, I have decided that it is time for a major overhaul since the data subscription service is growing strong and adding more users each month. This not be just another “upgrade” but a completely new database that I will create from scratch to be specifically tailored to fit our business.

In the process the data subscription service (now branded as DataPro) is getting its own website ( that will become a “portal” of sorts to control all the interaction with our subscription clients.